Thursday, April 9, 2009

Go Green!

In your smoothies that is!!! There are some great green smoothie recipes out there and these are so good for your health! I am fortunate enough to have a vita-mix blender. This is one of the household items that I use EVERY day! I just love it!!

This is a great recipe from the Vita-Mix website. All kinds of good info over there - check it out! www.vitamix.com.

Benefits of Green Smoothies:

Get more fruit in your diet
Get more greens in your diet

Did you know that greens are about 35% protein?

Improved health benefits
And they taste great!!





Ingredients:
1 cup green grapes
1/2 cup pineapple
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 ripe banana
1/2 cup water
1 cup ice

Instructions:
Place ingredients into the Vita-Mix container and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and quickly increase to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 60 seconds.

I am still fighting off this nasty cold or whatever it is. Started out in my chest and throat and today it has moved to my head. I'm having trouble breathing today. No energy at all. I'm ready for this to be over!!!

Give the green smoothie a try today - don't be afraid - they are really tasty!!