Monday, April 27, 2009

What are you doing to improve your health today?

I came across a great quote today. I want to share it with you and see if you have the same reaction that I had.

"Everybody's someday is a handful of people's everyday. Are you going to get fit someday, or today?"

I think this is a great quote. I saw this quote on twitter and wanted to thank Ronald Skelton (donedieting) for posting it.

I know that I have put off several things for "someday". Someday, I'll start eating healthy, Someday, I'll start exercising. Someday, I'll save money. Whatever it was - I was going to do it someday.

Well, my someday has come. It is time to put away the excuses and get with the program. No more somedays. Today is the day! Make the decision and stick with it. Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Last week I got The Gorgeously Green Diet book. I really like it. I wanted to share a recipe from the book that I think sounds pretty interesting. I wish that cantaloupes are in season. As soon as they are in season, I will be trying this recipe for sure. I think you could also use mangoes in this and it would be good too!!

Mayan Avocado The Gorgeously Green Diet by Sophie Uliano

When I was in Mexico, I ate a version of this recipe for lunch every single day. It's so light and delicious, perfect for a summer lunch.

Serves 1

1 cup finely chopped cantaloupe
1 tbsp chopped red onion
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
juice of 1/2 lime
1 large ripe avocado, cut in half and pit removed
1 whole-wheat or spelt tortilla, warmed or toasted

Combine the cantaloupe, onion and cilantro in a small bowl and add the lime juice. spoon into the hollowed-out avocado halves and serve with the tortilla.

Be sure to check out this video of my friend and coach Tina Klinesmith. Tina is in the latest Slim in 6 infomercial. She is an amazing person and an awesome coach. She lost 91 lbs using the Beachbody products. If you are ready to get your results and quit waiting for your someday to come, please sign up at http://www.missourifitclub.com/ to be a free player and let's get started on your health journey today!!!