Wednesday, July 8, 2009

NYC Trip!








I had a blast in NYC! Nothing like traveling with your best buds and family!! The girls trip was a success in all forms! We hit the ground running and didn't slow down until it was time to come home and we still didn't get to everything we wanted to do.





We arrived on Wednesday and got checked into our hotel - Marriott Marquis in Times Square. So much to see right out the door of the hotel! I highly recommend this hotel. Very comfortable beds, centrally located and the people that worked there were helpful and nice.


We wondered around Times Square the first night and found plenty to keep us occupied. We went to see Chicago and Mary Poppins. LOVED them both!! Wicked was sold out along with Jersey Boys. I guess those will have to wait until next time.

We went on the City Sights NY bus tour and saw the downtown districts. We saw plenty that we wanted to go back to visit. The subway was not scary at all. Very clean and safe!


We also went to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Both of these stops were a must see for all of us. It was very fitting that we happened to be there 4th of July weekend. We also visited Ground Zero. Not a lot to see there, but just to imagine how scared everyone must have been is just too much.





I got to visit One Lucky Duck for a great smoothie! I didn't make it to all my must visit restaurants, but I'm okay with that. There will be another trip!


On the 4th we went to the Upper West Side and watched the fireworks. They were AMAZING! I haven't seen a show like this before. There really are no words to describe it. I am waiting for mom to send me the pictures Hermina took with her camera of the fireworks. They were that good!!


Shopping in Chinatown was fun! The girls went crazy for all the knock-off purses and shoes and sunglasses! It was more fun to watch them shop than shopping itself! I got Meredith a great coach purse and I didn't even buy a purse for myself. That is a miracle for sure! I really like purses :)


We also went to the top of the rock and saw the NYC skyline at night. Just beautiful. The Empire State Building was all decked out for the 4th and it was so quiet and peaceful. We did get to Brooklyn on the night bus tour and really liked it. I noticed how much quieter it was in Brooklyn than in Manhattan.






I really can't wait to go back and see what I missed. I hope that Brian will go with me next time!!