Saturday, March 27, 2010

Food Revolution!

How did you do with the pushup challenge yesterday? I got all 100 in. A few of you let me know on facebook how you were doing. I loved it! That was a lot of fun and I can't wait until next Friday to see if you all are up to the challenge again! Be sure to friend me on facebook and twitter if you want! We can all post how we are doing on Friday's. It'll be fun!

Did any of you watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution last night? It was the 2nd week and luckily they showed both episodes back to back. I DVR'd them and watched the first one last night and the second one this morning! I am loving this show. It is hard to watch at times, but I live in an area that is similar to Huntington WV. Missouri is not a health state either. I know that if we all work together to spread the word about health, we can make changes. Even if it is one person at a time, it is so worth it. I really wish that I had known what I know now when I was raising my kids. They are all grown now, but I would've done so many things differently. But, I can't focus on that now. I must focus on now. I can lead by example, they are learning from me still and I love that. This is the first generation that will not live as long as their parents. It's really sad and so easy to change. I know that I will be teaching Madelyn how to be her healthiest! She will know what a potato and tomato along with all the other fruits and veggies are!

With my Beachbody biz, it is so wonderful to help people change their unhealthy habits! It is the best part of my job and I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart!

Don't forget about April's Slim and Shake Challenge! 30 days of Slim in 6 workouts and Shakeology. Now, you can still participate if you don't have either one, I wouldn't leave you out, but you will get great results with these!!!! Please let me know if you want more info. I'm happy to get you a sample of Shakeology.

I always made my kids eat the school lunches. It was too much work to prepare their lunches and I really thought that they were getting a good meal. Boy, was I wrong.... today so many of the schools rely on processed foods. I didn't realize just how much.

Discussion: What do you think is the best/worst about our school systems breakfast and lunch programs?