Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rest, Relax and Recharge?

Wow, Mother Nature has hit us with a sucker punch :) 6-8 inches of snow and it's still coming down. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 50! Come on Sunshine! We were just walking the dog on Friday with beautiful weather..... go figure. That's way the weather is in Missouri, if you don't like it, just wait 24 hours and it will change.



It is very pretty out though, here's a photo looking out my front door. Now, I took this yesterday well before we got tons of snow.
Last night we went out to our friends house for some good food and a movie. We watched Zombieland. It was an odd movie, but I enjoyed it! the food was great and the company even better!

Today will be a day of cleaning and cooking. I'm planning on beans and cornbread for dinner. Brian loves the cornbread from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet cookbook, so I'll make it and I am wanting some jalapeno cornbread. So, I'll be looking for a great recipe to use.


I'm going to be doing a 3 day Shakeology Cleanse starting tomorrow. I'll be documenting my results here and using my beloved flip camera for some updates as well. Several of my friends have tried this cleanse and have gotten really good results. From 3 lbs and several inches to 10 lbs lost in 3 days. Crazy! It is light on calories, so we'll just have to see how I do with my workouts and whether I'll have to make a few adjustments. I'll post the whole cleanse tomorrow.

Today is a day of rest for me. I love taking one day per week off. No working out, no real work, I try to just spend time with my family and taking it fairly easy. Do you try to do this once per week? I really feel that it is so important. For my soul, my body and my mind. I used to even take the full day off from the computer as well. Haven't been as dedicated to that lately. I'm a bit addicted to the computer and internet.....

What do you do to rest, relax and recharge?