Monday, April 12, 2010

Fit Club/Slim Club!



It's Monday and that means FIT CLUB!!!

I am using Slim in 6 along with P90X. I truly believe that Slim in 6 is one of the most effective workouts for women. Especially for the lower body. That is the area that I am focusing on right now. Trying my best to get ready for swim suit season. I usually dread putting on a swimsuit, but last year I bought the cutest swim shorts and I didn't have any of the negative self-talk going through my head! Problem solved!!! I also loved that I could add any type of top I wanted with them. I had several different looks and loved them all.

Debbie Siebers is a great trainer and she has some of the best ideas for working out while doing your daily chores. How about some vacuum cleaner lunges?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GkB0FgoOvM Check out Debbie's you tube channel for her half-ass workout tips of the day!

I've come up with a few of my own:



Toothbrush tummy tucks - while you are brushing your teeth, don't just stand there! Tighten those abs and tuck your booty under. Hold for a few seconds, release and repeat!

Dishwasher calf raises - when unloading the dishwasher, especially those items that go in the top cabinets, raise up on your toes and tighten the calf muscles. Go up and down several times per dish.

Baby raises - Work the arms while lifting the baby in the air, she will love it and you will get some great looking arms!

Stoplight challenge - when you are driving the car and come to a red light, tighten up all your core musles and try to hold it until the light turns green.

Squat Dusting - pretty self explanatory - do your squats and dust at the same time. Be sure to put the weight in your heels when you squat to protect your knees.

You'll be amazed how you can work exercise into your daily routine.

Today's recipe:

Lemon Creme (Crema Di Limone) Nonna's Italian Kitchen by Bryanna Clark Gorgan

1 (12.3 oz) box extra firm silken tofu, crumbled
1/3 cup Grade A maple syrup
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp grated lemon zest ( preferably organic)

Blend the ingredients well in a blender, until very smooth. Chill in a covered sontainer.

Per 1/4 cup serving: calories - 68, protein - 3g, carbs - 11g, fat - 1 g

This simply delicious creme can be used as a pudding or atopping for fruit or cake. You can use low-fat tofu if you are counting calories.

Discussion: Do you have any tips for getting workouts or exercise throughout your day?