Thursday, April 15, 2010

Go with your gut!


Thank you all so much for your encouraging words yesterday! I really do appreciate it. I'm doing better already! I'm going with my gut today!!! Don't you just love that? So funny!

The wonderful people at GoodBelly sent me some of their new GoodBelly ToGo! This stuff is good! I love that I can throw it in my bag and have a great tasting drink on the run! I'm all about convenience....

It comes in Mango and Blueberry Acai. Both are really tasty, but I loved the blueberry. I'm always all about blueberries!

Just tear off the top, add to 6 ounces of water and you are out the door! There are many health benefits from using Goodbelly products!

**Did you know that 70% of your immune system is in your digestive tract? I didn't either, but I understand more why when my system is out of whack, I just don't feel good. Digestive disorders affect 60-70 million people in the US.

** Probiotics are in the drink, this will help you to keep your digestive system in good working order.

From the Goodbelly website
Pro·biotic means “for life”
A probiotic is a living microorganism, which, when taken in adequate amounts, has a proven, beneficial effect on your health. In other words, they’re good “bugs” that science has shown to improve your health. Essentially, probiotics work by displacing harmful microorganisms, lowering the pH in the intestines (thus creating an environment unfavorable to the growth of harmful bacteria) and stimulating the immune system.

Top 5 Ways to Restore a Healthy Microflora Balance

1. Eat a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean protein. Particularly important are non-digestible fibers or prebiotic fibers, such as those found in whole grains, onions, bananas, garlic, leeks and artichokes. These fibers are sort of like food for the probiotics and enhance their effects.

2. Limit antibiotic use to help you keep the healthy bacteria flourishing. If you do need to use antibiotics, supplementing with probiotics following the course of treatment can help you restore balance.

3. Reduce stress. Whatever this may mean to you, altering your lifestyle to reduce stress will have a positive impact on your microflora balance. Consider taking up walking, deep breathing, or cutting down on your work hours. Do things that make you laugh really hard - at least once a day.
4. Exercise! There’s nothing like some exercise every day to keep you in good health, for all sorts of reasons. Walking, swimming, yoga, biking…. there are lots of ways to get in shape, stay healthy and have fun.

5. Consume a probiotic daily. When you’re on the path to wellness or especially when you’re off kilter, a clinically tested probiotic can help restore and maintain a healthy balance. GoodBelly contains clinically tested probiotics like Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (Lp299v), and Bifodobacterium lactis (Bi-07) which can significantly increase the number of helpful bacteria in the intestines, thus creating and then maintaining a healthy microflora balance.


Goodbelly has a 12 day challenge. Coupons will be emailed to you so you can take the challenge and see the difference for yourself! Money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose!
Discussion: Do you have digestive issues and if so, what do you do/use to "fix" them? I have found that probiotics, exercise and diet are key for me.