Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Need a little extra energy? Try Pomology

I don't know about you, but I seem to be dragging lately.  I do think all this sun is helping me, thank goodness, but I have been a little tired lately.  I was really excited when Pomology sent me their energy drink to try.  At this point, I could use a little energy boost.  We had rain for 9 days straight and I am a solar powered gal!

Pomology Energy Drink  is a powder that you mix with water or put in your smoothies.  I first mixed it with water and just shook it, it tastes good, a little sweet, but good sweet, not overpowering.  But, it was a little powdery.  When I added it to my smoothie, I liked it better.  The flavor was subtle and the powdery taste wasn't there.

Pomology is a blend of pomegrante and green tea. These antioxidants help to promote overall good health and increase energy levels. It also contains rhodiola rosea, guarana and cocoa.  I didn't get any jittery feeling that comes with some energy drinks.  I don't do well with caffeine usually and I didn't have any problems with Pomology.

Overall, I liked the drink and will continue to use it.  It did give me a boost of energy on those rainy days and it was great if I used it before my workouts!

This is some of the information from Pomology:

The pomegranate is a superfruit because it:



- Has an ORAC rating (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) of 10,500 units


- Has an outstanding ability to neutralize damaging free radicals, beating out that of the blueberry, acai berry, and others.


- Is a rch source of potent antioxidants known as polyphenols, tannins, and anthocyanins


- Is one of the oldest known fruits, believed to have originated in the Middle East. In Ancient Persia, pomegranate was used to treat a variety of health problems


- Pomegranate extract is safe, no toxic effects have been reported following high doses in laboratory studies
 
Energy Drink Mix (Pomegranate/Green Tea Flavor):



- Purposefully, pomegranate and green tea extract are blended together, known to create an invigorating mental and physical energy boost
 
- Formula consists of maca, a superfood of the Andes, anti-oxidant strong cocoa, Siberian, American, and White Panax ginseng, metabolic enhancer DMG-HCI.
 
- Whole food extract includes pomegranate, acai berries, black cherries, blueberries, mangosteen, and high ORAC blend of cinnamon and green coffee bean extract

Follow Pomology on Twitter and Facebook!