Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Enjoy Life

Still waiting on my computer to be back.  I'm really starting to get used to not having it now.  This is strange :)  I do know that I am getting more and more done during the day, but I have no idea what is going on over at some of my favorite online sites. :)

Brian and I have planned our next get-away vacation!  We are so excited to go - 1 month from today!  We are going to Santa Fe and Colorado Springs!  I will be looking for fun things to do, I know there will be several things I don't want to miss and I'll be looking for a couple of good vegetarian restaurants.  If you know of some in the area, please let me know.

Snacking on the road is sometimes a challenge.  I like to have healthy treats that are easy to eat on the run.  Enjoy Life Foods recently sent me some of their new trail mixes.  Brian and I both love trail mixes and I even sometimes make my own.  So yummy, but Enjoy Life's are really good!

These are tasty, healthy snacks that are great for around the house or on the go! 

Here is a great recipe from Enjoy Life Foods that uses the Mountain Mambo trail mix:

Mountain Mambo Crunch


Ingredients:

1 package Enjoy Life Mountain Mambo Trail Mix

1-1/2 C Enjoy Life Perky's Crunchy Rice Cereal

1-1/2 C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips

½ t vegetable oil (your preference; we used safflower oil)

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine Mountain Mambo Trail mix and Crunchy Rice cereal.

2. Melt the chocolate chips over a double burner or in the microwave.

3. Add oil into the chocolate.

4. Pour chocolate over the Trail Mix/Cereal combination and immediately spread thin on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.

5. Cool in the freezer or in the refrigerator.

6. When completely cool and hard, break into pieces and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
 
Check out Enjoy Life on Facebook and Twitter!
 
Discussion:  When I travel I am going to catch up on some reading.  I love to read and just can't always find the time to do it daily.  I do read my personal developement books daily, but I love to read for pleasure as well.  What is the book you feel I shouldn't miss!  I'll need to pick some up before we leave on our trip!  I love all kinds of books!!