Monday, June 14, 2010

Fit Club Monday

Good Monday Morning!  As you know I love Monday's.  It's a fresh start to a new week.  It you didn't like last week, here is a chance to have a do over!!!

I have been working out in the mornings - bright and early!!  It's hard to crawl out of bed at 5:30 when you haven't slept well, and my buddies decided not to brave the rain this morning and I slept on instead of getting up.  I'm okay with that, I'll still get my workout done today! 

Do you like to get your workouts done first thing?  I really don't think there is a best time to workout, the best time is whenever you will do it.  Just make sure to get it done!  That is the important part!

Today's Featured Workout:

Turbo Fire!  I can not wait for this to come out - Only 4 more days!!!! 

If you want to order it when it comes out on the 18th, head over to my website - missourifitclub.com and click on the shop button!  This one is GREAT.  We got to try it at summit and I  loved every minute of it!

Turbo Fire is the total-body, cardio-conditioning program with the best trainer, the best music, the best workouts and the best spot in class!



Today's Recipe:

Summer is here and I always look for great dips and hot weather recipes to stay cool and serve at parties! 

Pico De Gallo - Neal Barnard, MD from The get healthy, go vegan cookbook!


This salsa is at its best wen absolutely fresh.  Serve with corn tortilla chips, as a topping for your favorite burrito or in a cheeseless quesadilla.

1 large sweet onion, such as Maui or Vidalia, chopped
15 Roma Tomatoes (about 2 lbs) chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1 cup firmly packed cilantro leaves and tender stems, chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.


Discussion:  What is your favorite hot weather dish?    I love all kinds of dips, easy to make and easy to eat!