Thursday, July 22, 2010

Colorado!

We have moved on to  Colorado.  We had a great time in New Mexico and Colorado has a lot to live up to!  Got into town yesterday and we are pretty tired.  So, we took it easy yesterday. 

Drove through Garden of the Gods and started walking on a trail and it started pouring!  So, we drove around a little,  this guy walked right in front of us.



Then we came back to the camper, did some laundry and went to one of my favorite places!



It takes so little to make me happy!!!

Then we came back and decided to eat out.  We found an amazing Greek restaurant ( I know that I can always find something to eat there!) Jake and Telly's.  Dinner was sooooo good!

I got the lentil soup and a vegetable mezze plate.  There was so much food! Brian got some carnivore's delight :)







Brian gets so embarrassed when I take photos of my food.

After dinner, we walked around Old Colorado for a while, most of the shops were closed, but it was good to walk.  We came back to our campground and there was a band playing, we listened for a while and then just decided to turn in.  We've been on the go so much that we just needed to rest.  It's good to listen to your body like that.

So today, we are rested and ready to go!  Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods and Manitou Springs.  I'm sure I'll get many beautiful photos!

Discussion:  do you listen to your body and rest when it is needed or do you just push through it?