Tuesday, July 20, 2010

exercise and travel - oh yeah!

We are in Taos, New Mexico and it is so pretty here!  The drive from Santa Fe was just beautiful. 

I am still adjusting to the altitude difference and it is affecting my workouts.  So, how do you get a good workout when traveling?  I'm improvising.  I brought my workout DVD's with all the intentions of getting them in, but lack of space and breath is putting a damper on that plan.  So, every morning and evening, Brian and I are walking.

  I am doing some yoga and stretching.




I have also thrown in some ab workouts.  Whatever I can fit in with our sightseeing and with the limited space I have. 

So there really is no excuses not to do soemthing even while you are on vacation. I'm thinking of attempting a little Turbo Fire again tomorrow.  We will be spending a lot of time on the road and I'll need to burn some calories! They are telling me that my body will get used to the altitude and it won't be so difficult to workout.  I think it is worth a try.  If I get it done, I'll have my handy-dandy cameraman take some pictures or video!

Discussion:  What are your favorite ways to get your exercise while traveling?