Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Puma Cardiac Heart Rate Monitor

I just finished my TurboFire HIIT 20 and Stretch 10 workout.  I love that I can get a GREAT workout in 20 mins.  I also love that I can use the new Puma Cardiac heart rate monitor and know that I am in the right target area for my workout.  I did push it a little too hard and the alarm was going off, but I was able to take it down a notch and get in my target heart rate zone!  Don't you just love the name of it?  Genius!

The watch was a little confusing to get set up, but once I read the directions, I got it done.  :)  I'm a little stubborn that way at times.  I have been using it for a few weeks now and it is consistent with the calorie burn and I really like it.  I wasn't sure I would like the chest strap, but I don't even notice it.  The first day I tried it out, I thought it would be bothersome and I was aware of it for about the first 5 mins and then I was so focused on my workout and it is pretty comfortable.  The monitor also has many other features:  watch, timer, alarm, and chrono.  It comes in white, red and black and yellow.  The watch retails for $100





You plug in your age, gender, and weight and it will set the target rate for you.  Easy peasy! 

Get your Puma cardiac heart rate monitor from the link to the left.  Puma is a great company and I love their shoes, so I know that this monitor will be a great addition to your fitness regiment!

Don't just take my word for it, I let my fit clubbers try it out as well.  Dawn thought it was comfy and easy to use and really liked knowing how many calories she was burning and Brian H. was impressed.  He's a techie guy and it is hard to impress him!  It was a hit with all of us!  Jason is going to try it when he gets back from vacation, but I'm sure he'll love it just as much.

Check out Puma on Twitter and Facebook



Discussion:  Do you use gadgets when you workout?  Do you want to know your heart rate and calorie burn when you are working out?  Do you think it would make you work out harder?