Sunday, August 22, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude - Coranado Edition

I am in my hotel room, feeling oh so tired, but so full of gratitude.  How can you not be filled with appreciation with the beauty around us??



 I am very thankful to Monica Ward, our fearless leader and my friend.


 I am grateful for Denise Needham.  She is an amazing woman and very inspirational. 



 I am also very thankful for all the wonderful women I have met and been able to spend some time with this weekend.  We have bonded, shared, laughed and cried together.  It has been an amazing journey and I am so glad that I came on this trip and that I first stepped out of my comfort zone and decided to be a Beachbody coach.



Over the course of the last 3+ years, my life has changed. It is all for the better (of course there are always ups and downs along the way).  I have grown as a person tremendously, I am fit and healthier, I have learned so much and I have made the most amazing friends. 

Today is all about gratitude, positivity and friendship! 

As we were talking last night, Angie mentioned that  she loved to pop people's bubbles.  Of course I was trying to figure out what she meant by that, and she explained that we live in our own worlds.  Connected to our cell phones, not wanting to interact with other people.  I thought about this and realized that it is sad, but true.  We are so involved in our own lives that we forget to look up and see the beauty in the people around us.  We are truly missing out on getting to know other people and making new friends.  But, even better than that, we are missing out on just a few acts of kindness.  A smile, when you are having a bad day, someone saying that they love your shirt, that you look nice, saying hello, it's nice to meet you.

We need to disconnect from the electronic world and join in our real worlds.  Make connections with people, look them in the eye, tell them hello, smile as we pass.  You never know, you could make their day. 

I know that I will be more aware of my surroundings, the people around me and I will at the very least, share a smile!

Discussion:  are you guilty of staying in the electronic world?