Monday, August 16, 2010

Fit Club Monday - X Edition

Good Monday Morning!  I have a busy week ahead. I'll be traveling this week to San Diego for a Beachbody Leadership training conference.  I haven't been to San Diego before and I am really looking forward to it.  This is a girls only trip and I know that not only will I be learning so much, but it will be great fun to see my friends!

FIT CLUB MONDAY



P90X is the leading Beachbody workout!  I have done the X 3 times and it is a great workout and I did get very good results.  I like the fact that you do a different workout every day, good for those that get bored easily.  P90X is a 90 day program.  It consists of weight workouts, cardio workouts, yoga, an ab workout and stretch.  You do a combination of these each day for 30 days and then the combination switches up. This creates muscle confusion and will help you to get the best results possible.
In order to get the best results you will need a couple of things.  Weights or bands, a pull-up bar and a yoga mat.  I also LOVE Tony Horton!  He makes the workouts fun! I got to meet him on a coupld of occasions.  He's very nice!



I really like the Beachbody P90X pull-up bar.  It fits in your door frame and works perfectly.  I had the tension-spring kind and ended up in the emergency room when I did my first round of the workouts.  So, be sure to get a good, stable bar!



If you have wanted to try P90X, here is your chance (if you live in my area!!).  Tonight, we will have Fit Club at 7 PM and we will be doing Cardio X.  This is a great way to try out the cardio and yoga workouts.  I love this routine!!

FIT CLUB RECIPE

Today's Recipe comes from The carb Lovers Diet book (review this week!!) by Ellen Kunes editor in chief and Frances Largeman-Roth, RD Health Magazine

WHITE BEAN SALSA & CHIPS

This easy snack gets you almost a third of your way to your resistant starch goal for the day.  It serves four, so make up a batch and store leftovers covered in the fridge.

Prep:  10 mins  Total Time - 10 mins  Makes:  4 servings

1 (15.5 oz) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 TBP ffresh lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 plum tomato, diced
2 scallions, finely diced
20 corn chips

1.  Combine beans, juice and salt in a bowl.  Mash with a potato masher until semismooth.
2.  Add tomato and scallions, stir to blend. Serve with chips.

Serving size:  1/4 cup salsa and 5 chips - Calories 170