Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Homesteader's Kitchen


I am in love with this cookbook!  The Homesteader's Kitchen - Recipes From Farm To Table by Robin Burnside.  Talk about wonderful, fresh recipes.

I have made the hummus, several of the smoothies (cherry peach and hemp seed was yummy!) and the kiwi vingrette just to name a few of the ones I have tried. 

I really like that all the ingredients are fresh, whole foods.  There are some meat and dairy recipes included as well, but most of the recipes are just good, fresh foods!   I'm thinking that I'll be using the Smoked Turkey with Maple-herb brine for Thanksgiving.  The book also has great info on preparing some of our favorites as well.  Want to know about sprouting, it's in there!  Lots of info on salads.  I thought I knew everything I needed to know, then I read about lettuces in the book.  Edible flowers are also covered!

I haven't ever prepared artichokes.  I think I'll be making Granny's Stuffed Artichokes soon as well.  That just sounds good!

This is going to be one of the cookbooks I turn to often.  It will have a prominent spot on my shelf!

Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table - pick up your copy today from your favorite bookstore or use the link provided to order from amazon.com today!