Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fit Club Tuesday!

It's another Fit Club Tuesday!  Yay! 

Local Fit Club Class tonight!  7 pm at the Carl Junction Community Center, hope you will be there if you are in our area!  There is no charge for the classes, just come, bring some water and a towel and be ready to get sweaty and have some fun!

Fit Club Workout:

ChaLEAN Extreme - Burn it Off!

I love this one.  It is going to get our heart rates up and you will feel it tomorrow!  That is always a good thing.  I will show you how to modify the moves so if you are beginner you can still participate!

ChaLEAN Extreme®

Get ready to burn fat, boost your metabolism, and get lean with ChaLEAN Extreme, the extreme workout system from Chalene Johnson. It’s a fact: The more lean muscle you have, the more fat you burn. You can lose up to 60% of your body fat in just 3 months and see visible results every 30 days, because MUSCLE BURNS FAT®.



Fit Club Recipe:

Avocado Sandwich

These sandwiches are so tasty! It is from my favorite restaurant that is no longer around.  That makes me sad!  Bethany is an amazing chef and I got a LOT of great ideas from her. 

I like to toast my bread first, but you don't have to.  I also like to use whole grain bread.  Pumpernickel or rye are very good!

spread the toasted bread with hummus or cashew garlic spread (recipe in the Vegan World Fusion Cuisine cookbook by Mark Reinfeld, Bo Rinaldi and the Chefs of The Blossoming Lotus)

sprinkle with pumpkin or sunflower seeds

top with 1/4 avocado slices.  fan them out so they look really pretty!

sprinkle with chili powder or Parma or nutritional yeast

Enjoy!


Yesterday's eats:

Breakfast: Chocolate Shakeology made with 8 oz almond milk and 1/2 scoop of vegan protein powder

Lunch:  veggie stir fry with brown rice, tofu and black eyed peas

Snack:  I was wanting pickles for some strange reason, so I had a couple of spoonfuls of potato salad with dill pickle relish on top


Dinner:  Avocado Sandwich and side salad with Brianna's salad dressing



I was still wanting something.  I waited 20 mins and decided to have a little Soy Dream with Ahlaska chocolate sauce and 1/2 banana - perfect way to end the day!

 I had 64 oz of water and 1 glass of lemonade iced tea

Workout was Body Gospel's Gospel Glory!



The Vegan World Fusion Cuisine is one of the most beautiful cookbooks I have. I love it and use it often. Check it out!!