Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Healthy Halloween treats!

Can you believe that Halloween is just around the corner?  This year has flown by and before we know it holiday season will be upon us.  Just the thought of it stresses me out.

Every year for Halloween, I struggle with what type of handout I'll give to all the little goblins that come by the house trick or treating.  I've given out pretzels (didn't go over well), pencils ( a little better) and quarters ( that one went over pretty good!)  We don't get a ton of kids, but enough that I need to have something on hand.  I really don't want to give out sugary candy, it really goes against what I stand for, so I always look for something different that I think the kids will like.  Raisins are not a good idea..... just a little tidbit for you to store away!!

This year I have found a great product that I think meets my criteria and that the kids will love!  It passed the Jake and Madelyn test.  Whoo-hoo!!

Nature's Path EnviroKidz Crispy Rice Bars Peanut Choco Drizzle


I was planning on taking more photos after we sampled the first bar, but Jake and Brian ate them all up!!  So you will just have to take my word for it that these are good, snack sized bars.  They have peanut butter and a drizzle of chocolate on them.  TASTY!!

All organic, gluten free and vegetarian!! 

Check them out at Nature's Path or find Nature's Path on facebook!!

I'm excited to have found a healthy treat that kids love!

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast was the usual - Shakeology!  Snickers this time!


Lunch with my father-in-law and nephew ( nice treat ) was salad and tilapia with veggies and shrimp in a miso sauce ( had to much sauce) on wild rice.

Woke up to this, not sure how it happened, doesn't hurt, just looks nasty!

dinner was lentil soup - didn't eat much since I had to go to fit club!

I also snacked on a couple of handfuls of peanuts and had a small piece of that darned bday cake after workout!  I need the cake to leave the house!
Water - 64 oz.
Workout - Kenpo X

I'm still sore today, but it seems to be a little better.  I used the foam roller and the workout helped too!

Discussion:  What do you hand out for Halloween?  Do you look for a healthier option or just go with the candy?