Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby, it's getting cold outside!

I have had a busy couple of days along with a sore neck and headache that you just can't believe!  So, I've  been slow getting online.

I'm still working on my Holiday Gift guide!  I hope to post it tomorrow or Saturday!  You are going to love these items!

In the meantime, enjoy a couple of recipes since I totally forgot to post one on Tuesday!

It's been so cold here lately.  I do not like cold weather and I've been freezing for days!  I'm glad it is a little warmer today!

I love hot beverages when it is cold outside, but I certainly don't want the calories you get when you purchase them from your favorite place!  Not to mention, these are a LOT cheaper!

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love my tea!  I've been really enjoying having a cup of chai.

8 oz of Almond Breeze Almond milk - (only 40 calories for the vanilla unsweetened!)
1 tea bag

Warm the milk on the stovetop or in the microwave, put the tea bag right in with it while you are warming i up!

I do like to add a little agave nectar or stevia to sweeten it just a little!

Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!


 I love the winter flavors that are out right now, or you can use plain ol' green tea!



Don't you love my new mug?



I really am in love with the Almond Breeze almond milk.  I love that it only adds 35 calories for the plain unsweetened and 40 calories for the vanilla unsweetened.  You should be able to find it at most grocery stores.  Pick some up and have it on hand.  I use it in my Shakeology daily!  YUMMY!  We also use it over cereal, in oatmeal and in cooking and baking. 



Check out this great salad dressing recipe from the Almond Breeze website:

Herbed Breeze Dressing


Courtesy of: Blue Diamond Growers
Yield: 4-1/2 Cups

2 cups (1 pint) Original Almond Breeze®
2 cups (16 oz.) Mayonnaise
1/4 cup (2 oz.) Lemon juice
3 Tbsp. Parsley, fresh, minced
2 Tbsp. Chives, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp. Oregano, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp. Basil, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp. Tarragon, fresh, minced
2 tsp. Dry mustard
3/4 tsp. Sea salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients together. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

Serve over mixed greens with a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Serve over cold grilled chicken and baby greens


Discussion:  What is your favorite cold weather drink