Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve!!

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more". ~ Dr Seuss


It has taken me so long to get in the Christmas spirit this year, I don't know why,  it just hasn't seemed like Christmas to me, maybe more like the 4th of July!!  But, I think I'm finally there!  I'm so ready for my family to get here today.  I just wish that my brother and his family could join us. 

I've been enjoying a little Christmas music and looking at our tree.  I love each and every ornament on it and they all have a meaning behind them.    We don't decorate our tree to look fancy or a theme, we just have special ornaments.  The cross ornament above was made by my grandma.  She hasn't been with us for a while now and I treasure all the ornaments she made for me!  She loved making them and it took so much time!  These are a few of my favorites:


Ornaments from mine and Brian's childhood.  Love these!  Hard to believe they are still in one piece (yes, we are old!!)

Antique Santa from my Grandma, Madelyn loves this one!  She talks about "inta" all day long!

Chase

Nick

Jake

The newest addition this year, since we love to travel in the RV!  A whole string of airstream lights!  Brian saw these and had to have them!

Discussion:  Do you have a theme or decorated tree or do you do like we do and have special ornaments only?