Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide - Kitchen edition

I love to cook, bake and be in the kitchen.   I have come across many things that I think are must-haves gifts for those on your list of people that like to do the same!

One of my favorite kitchen appliances is the vita-mix.



 I use mine several times, everyday!  It is pricey, but I think it is worth it.  You can use it for so many things.  Even making nut butters, soups and of course, smoothies.  It is very easy to clean as well and that also helps!


One of my other must-have is my food processor.  The boys got one for me a few years ago and it has made my life so much easier when cooking!  Quick and easy.  (I'm seeing a theme here...)  I really like the Cuisnart brand best of the couple I have tried.

This makes your food prep so much easier.  It is also easy to clean and I think that is so very important.  I love making hummus in mine.







A great set of knives are so important and I love the Furi brand. They have a great handle, it's orange :)  and it's got a great hand feel. 

I have one of these and would love to get a full set!










I saw this and WANT one!!!  Microwave Popcorn Popper!  I love to have popcorn as a snack and this way I don't get any of the extra added ingredients.


The best part is that it is $20!  It has a vented lid that you can put butter (earth balance in my case) and it will drip down on the popcorn!  Love it!

Everyone needs a great salad spinner!  Get those greens clean!

Zyliss makes one that I love! 











A hand peeler is a kitchen staple.  I love mine.  It fits my hand perfectly, the larger handle makes it so much more comfortable when peeling vegetables. OXO makes the one I love!












I love wooden spatulas.  These work in any pan, won't scratch them and are easy to clean  (I told you there was a theme here!)  I ef would love to have thedo have a couple of non-stick pans and these work like a dream!!   Any chef would love to have them!










Also, pot holders, great kitchen towels and cookie sheets, and rubber spatulas are always great gifts!

Discussion:  What is your favorite kitchen gadget?