Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holiday Gifts Guide - fitness/health edition!

There is no greater gift than the gift of health!   Give it to yourself or your loved ones!!

I love all things fitness related, well, it might be a love/hate relationship, but I feel so good when I am working out and eating healthy!!

These are some of my favorite things and a few things I'd like to have!!

 ipod:  I know it doesn't seem like a fitness item, but it is essential to my workout routine.  I love listening to music when I walk and run, when I just want to get up and move, and to dance!

I have the larger one because I like so many songs, I want to have them all with me when I want to listen to one of them.  I also love putting my audiobooks on them and my personal development cd's.  There is no excuse for not getting up and moving!


A great pair of sneakers!!  You may not realize it, but you need to change your sneaks frequently when you are walking, running or working out hard!  They break down quickly and you may get sore joints or injuries just from not having the right footwear.  Get a pair that fits comfortably and you love!

 lightweight pullover - I am in love with one I just got.  It has the thumb holes and covers my hands.  It's great in this cold weather!  It is good to use for the warm up and then after the workout when I get cold! 



Beachbody Workouts - I can't live without my workout dvd's!  I much prefer to work out on my time and not have to leave the house, especially when it is cold and nasty outside!  Just push play and get it done!  I like them all, but my favorites are P90X, TurboFire, Brazil Butt Lift, 10 Minute Trainer and Insanity.  There is something for everyone!  Order soon though so you can get it in time for Christmas!!  Get them here!


Cookbooks - I love cookbooks, I think I collect them.  I love reading them, looking at the pretty photos and planning meals!  My favorites are:  Eat, Drink and Be Vegan by Dreena Burton, Vegan with a Vengance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno, and The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and Healthy Life Kitchen by Marilu Henner!



BodyBugg - I LOVE my bodybugg.  It really keeps me on track with my calorie burn as well as the calories I am taking in.  I like setting goals to reach and knowing I can see on my watch band how I am doing right then!  I can't recommend it enough!  It has made a huge difference.  I thought I was burning more calories and taking in less, but I was wrong!

Wii - This a great way for the whole family to get active!  Just be sure you aren't sitting in your chair flicking your wrist.  Get up and move your whole body! I want one of those new dance videos.  That looks like a lot of fun!  You will stick with it more if you are having fun!


Shakeology - there is nothing healthier on the market like shakeology!  It is the perfect gift of health!  I am happy to answer any questions if you have them!


Discussion:  What is your favorite fitness/health gift?