Monday, June 27, 2011

It's the small things

“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” ~  Tennessee Williams




It's the small things in life that make me happy!

One of the joys of traveling is that I get to meet up with my friends!  Yesterday was one of those good days!  I met up with a couple of my marilu.com friends.  It is amazing to me that lasting friendships can be made on a message board and when you finally meet in person, it's like you've known each other forever and you just start chatting! 

I met Tammy and Heather yesterday!  We had lunch with Tammy and her husband Ken and then had dinner with Heather!


 

In between all the fun with the girls (and Brian and Ken), we toured The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home and then went over to the Opryland hotel.  All were great stops and we enjoyed both thouroughly.  The hotel was unbelieveable.  It was gorgeous!



We ate at Rafferty's for lunch and The Wild Cow for dinner.  Both were great choices
.
 Check out the vegan donut I had for dessert! Delicious!




 
Heather had a truffle the size of her head! YUM!

 
 

We are heading home today.  Sad, but also ready to get home.  I need to get back on a normal schedule.  I'm ready for that for sure!

Since I was on week 2 of Insanity Asylum when the tornado hit, I haven't done much since then, so I am re-starting it on July 1!  It's a 30 day program and I plan to document it.  It's brutal!

Discussion:  What type of activities do you like to do on your vacations?  We always try to include some type of historical stops!  We love that!