Saturday, July 30, 2011

Next stop, Colorado Springs....

We are in Colorado Springs now!  It's just as pretty here! 



 After we got settled in at the RV park, we took off to explore the area and ended up at the Air Force Academy.  It was a little late in the day, we didn't get to visit the Chapel, it was in use (darn it!), but loved seeing the history of the academy and the plane.


 We are planning to go back and see the chapel before we leave!  I'm hoping that we can fit all the fun stuff we have planned in our short time here!

Then we HAD to make a stop at my favorite shopping place - Whole Foods.  We picked up some supplies and goodies and we are going to have a big feast tonight!  We were too tired to cook last night, so we ended up going out for Mexican and then a walk in Manitou Springs.  After that we came back to the RV park to sit by the fire pit and chat! It was a GREAT evening!




Even though I am on vacation, I have been sticking with my fitness plan.  I've been having my shakeology every day, ( I brought the top part of the vita mix with me, but forgot the base.....  first thing I did was go buy a new blender to keep in the RV.  Hello NINJA!)


Moving as much as possible.  I've been averaging about 14,000 steps per day and of course, we have been hiking as much as possible.  My eating has been pretty good.  We usually pack our lunch and take it with us.  Lots of fruit, veggies and hummus and some pretty good sammy's!  I've had a few drinks, but not gone overboard, we've eaten out a couple of times, but mostly we cook in the evenings too!   So, I don't expect to see any big changes on the scale when I get home.


Today we are off to the Royal Gorge and a fun jeep trail over to Cripple Creek!  Gonna be a GREAT day!  Enjoy yours!