Monday, August 29, 2011

The Healthy Trifecta!

I have to say that I truly believe that in order to be really feeling fit, you have to work on fitness, diet and your mind!  Yep, it's the trifecta.



Fitness is your exercise.  This includes another trifecta, cardio, weight training and stretching.  All 3 are so important and contribute to your overall fitness.   With the workouts I do through  Beachbody, I get an all encompassing program that incorporates all 3 into my weekly routine.  I've been using the bands instead of free weights and let me tell you, they get the job done!

Diet is just that - what you are putting in your mouth.  We all know what we need to do, sometimes it is just so hard to do it.  Eat mostly fresh fruits, veggies, clean proteins and drink your water!  I know you are probably tired of me saying it, but all of these are key to getting the weight off and keeping it off.

Your MIND is just as important as your fitness and diet.  You can be exercising and eating right and have a lot of negative self-talk and you will not see the results you are looking for.  

So, how do you work all of this into your daily life? 



FITNESS:  I find that if  I work out first thing in the morning, it works best for me.  I get it done and I will not be able to make excuses later in the day.  No worries about time getting away from me, something fun coming up in my day, or just being tired and not feeling like doing it.  I'm a social person.  If someone calls or emails and wants to do something fun, I'm out the door.  So, getting it done first thing and SCHEDULING it just like you would any other important appointment is KEY!  Your workout is NON-NEGOTIABLE!

If you are struggling with getting it done, then lay your clothes out at night, put them where you can see them, and just do it when you get up.  Get a workout partner - either in person or online in the WOWY gym. ( get your free account with me as your coach at missourifitclub.com ) If you know someone else is counting on you to show up, you will be more likely to stick with it.

DIET:  Cook your meals ahead of time.   Plan your meals.   Make it easy on yourself!  I try to fix a couple of full meals on Sunday.  Then I can store them in the freezer or fridge and I can grab and go if needed.  Get Shakeology, nothing is easier than that.  Mix up your shake, drink and you are done!  Make sure you have enough food in the house.  It is so much easier to make a quick stir-fry than it is to get in the car, drive to the restaurant, place your order, drive home and eat.  Seriously!  Keep your food journal.  You can see where you need to clean it up (uhhh,  tortilla chips and soy chai's anyone???)

MIND:  I try to read 10 pages of a personal development book every single day.  I listen to personal development audio when I'm in the car by myself.  (Drive time university, baby) and music always puts me in a good mood.  We are all a work in progress.  This is so important to stay focused, positive and kind to other people as well.  How can we be kind to others when we are not kind to ourselves.  Tell yourself that you are worth 15 minutes a day!! YOU ARE!!

Ok, I would love to have you give this a try for one week and then let me know how you do.  I think you will find that things start to fall in place for you, you will feel better, look better and even sleep better.  You will think happier thoughts and just be kind to everyone ( well, most everyone !!)

Thanks for stopping by!!