Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back to Basics

I had been doing TurboFire for so long and I decided to go back to a new routine.    Don't get me wrong, I love TF, but I wasn't seeing the results anymore, so I went back to an old friend....Slim in 6.  I've never made it through a full 6 weeks of Slim in 6.  I think it is the most effective workout for women, but it is a bit boring to me.  So, since I have the newer version, and I've committed to sticking with it for 4 weeks and then see how it goes.



I've been really sore, and I'm on my second week.  So, I am on my way!  Go Me!!!



It has caused me to really think about the way that I was working out.  I thought if I didn't go balls to the wall all the time, I wouldn't get the results I wanted.  Toning, weight loss and inches lost is what I was looking for.  I would push myself as hard as I could most days and then I would be a little burned out....  take a few days off, then go again as hard as I could!  I was having a few issues, mostly with my foot and I was in pain.  This has made me think that I can get results without having to beat myself up, so that is why I chose Slim in 6.  So, my joints are a little happier, my foot is happier and that makes me happier :)

I'm continuing with my Shakeology as usual, my challenge to myself for the month of October is to eat more salads.  My goal is one per day. Shake and Salad.  So far, I've made it.....

Me and Darin Olien, one of the creators of Shakeology

I still have the Facebook Book Club if anyone is interested in joining us.  We are focusing on the free/reduced price books for the kindle and nook.  You don't have to have an e-reader to join in, the apps are free for your computer or smart phone.

Just drop me a note by email or facebook or twitter if you want to be involved.  We have read some great books and found some really amazing authors that I probably wouldn't have read. 

If you have a kindle or nook, you have to check out Pixel of Ink on their website or  facebook.  They keep track of the new free/bargain books and it makes it so easy!

We have a fast readers group and we read several books per month and we have a one book a month group.  You can choose which ones you want to participate in.  After everyone is finished with a book, we discuss it.  It's fun!

We'd love to have you join us!