Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another day in paradise

Yesterday was Brian's birthday and he got to call the shots for the day.  We started off with a nice breakfast at the southernmost point!  This was our view as we were eating.  I'm thinking I could really get used to this!

Perfectly peaceful.

We started our walking and let me tell you, we have logged some miles this last week or so.  My feet are so tired at the end of everyday and I was surprised at how sore my legs were after touring the lighthouse, so yesterday was a bit of a challenge.  I ended up getting a new pair of shoes.  That really helped with my feet.  The legs just had to work themselves out!

 We toured the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum and The Little White House, both were enjoyable, then we had lunch at the Cheeseburger Key West.  Brian just had to eat a cheeseburger..... I stuck with the fish :)

Had to make a stop at Sloppy Joe's - had a daiquri called Pain in the Ass.  Mix of pina colada and rum runner.  Good!

 Next stop was Mallory Square for sunset.  Saw a magic show, juggling with knives and a really tall unicycle.  It was really crowded and we didn't get to see much of the sunset this time around.
We had dinner at Amigo's (home of the square taco), couldn't miss that one.  I had the veggie taco and a fish taco ( I don't think I've ever eaten this much fish), Brian had a lobster taco and shrimp taco.  It was really good.

We went back to our place and rested a bit, then I remembered that I didn't get Brian something totally yummy for his birthday, so we headed out to see what we could find.  We were not disappointed.  Raspberry filled beignet.  Delish!

By this time, we were beat.  My feet were tired and Brian's were screaming ( he had 2 huge blisters on his feet from all the walking).  We called it a night, got in the hot tub and then got to face time with Mads.

All in all, a pretty good day!