Monday, October 8, 2012

We were roughing it...

I didn't have good internet service at the lake house this weekend.  You know, we are roughing it!!

Thank goodness for the fire, it was COLD this weekend!


So, I didn't get all my exciting life posted over the weekend. I'm sure you were going through withdrawals wondering what in the world I was up to.  AND with good cause, I was a busy gal!

Saturday brought a girlfriends birthday party!  We had fun eating, shopping and playing.  Susan is 29 AGAIN!!!!




I always have a blast with these girls!

I made a GREAT tasting smoothie Friday night and before you point it out to me, I know that it was supposed to have blueberries, but I didn't have any and didn't want to go to the store!  It was YUMMY!  From the Easy Vegan Meals by SparkPeople:  The No-Stress, No-Guilt WAy to Reap the Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet by Stepfanie Romine.



When I got home and got settled, I was exhausted, so Brian and Bill treated me to dinner!  Nice way to end the day!  I did manage to get the Corn and Zucchini Muffins made before I collapsed!  These are from The New Glucose Revolution Low GI Cookbook by Dr. Jennie Brand Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell, Kate Marsh, and Phillipa Sandall.   


They weren't the prettiest things in the world, but they are TASTY!!!  Just a little dab of Earth Balance and I was good to go!

Sunday we woke up to a foggy day, it was pretty cool looking outside.  It almost looked like smoke rolling through!



We brought Judy home for the day, so I made Corn Chowder.  That is one of my favorite cold weather soups.  I tried the new recipe (to me) from Skinny Bitch:  Ultimate Everyday Cookbook by Kim Barnouin.  It was crazy good.  I did add in a little spinach at the end, but sooo good and just perfect for the cooler weather we are having!  I added in one of the corn muffins and that was a great meal!



When we got home last night, we walked in to the COLDEST house!  We didn't even think about turning on the furnace.  It was a bit brisk to say the least, but Nick and Lauren came by and we had a late dinner with them and were able to enjoy their company!  I had to tell them about the conversation Brian and I had.

Me:  Brian, you look really handsome today.
Brian:  Thanks, you looked really good yesterday.
Me:  WHAT????  I look horrible today?
Brian:  oh no,uhmmm,  I mean......big smiles......

So it was a GREAT weekend, busy, but that is okay!